Sunday, January 18, 2015

Reflections

Writing a blog entry is not exactly new for me; but certainly I'm no expert at it. I've blogged once. I must admit that I'm intrigued by it, especially in the sense of sharing information, the receiving and giving of interpretation on any given subject matter, and a general overall sense of solidarity.

I have a vested interest in the portfolio process. It's a great tool for the development and enhancement of future endeavors. It's also an excellent way to discover the many merits an Academic portfolio has to offer, like building your digital identity, publishing a video online, adding voice to the portfolio and being in control of what will be included in your collection of work. It really is an exciting and electrifying method to master.

I did set up a blog at WordPress.com, but since I already had Google docs for the pass few years, I decided to just keep everything in one place. Once the portfolio is completed, I hope to have a professional document that can be shared with future employers, a reference point to refer to when new information can be added when revising resumes and a great confidence builder during interviews that goes beyond what is included in a standard resume.

6 comments:

  1. Do you anticipate folding the academic blog within your Blogspot space here or will you keep them separate?

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,

      I was thinking of keeping them separate, but since I'm still figuring some things out here, I may keep them together so I won't confuse myself.

      Rita

      Delete
  2. Hi Rita: I am no expert at blogging but I think like you I'm intrigued by it. Once we get these academic blogs up and running it will be stimulating to see how they grow. Even if you don't link your blogs together, there's still so much potential for our work to get out there and be noticed! Building a digital identity as you say can be an exciting process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen,

      I agree with you; you're so right about the many possibilities out there where our work can be presented because of our best efforts, and noticed because of our dedication to the profession.

      Rita

      Delete
  3. Hi Rita,

    Is there a way to follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Lisa,

      I would love to have followers of my blog...As soon as I can figure out how that works. So if I'm just not seeing or getting something right now, hold on; I'll figure it out.

      Rita

      Delete